Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is a Blog

Hi everyone! Or, most likely at this point, no one. This is a blog. I'm not exactly sure what having a blog entails; I didn't think about it much before starting one up. I assume this is a place for me to share my thoughts, rant about whatever strikes my fancy, and otherwise imagine that people might actually care about what I have to say.

If anyone out there actually happens to stumble upon this and (by some small miracle) enjoys it, be forewarned that I am fairly attention deficit, a huge procrastinator, and all around lazy, so the chances of me regularly updating are slim to none. But you surely don't care about that at this point; I haven't even said anything interesting (yet?).

So I'm feeling a smidgen guilty about the title, "Strayed Past the Norm," because I happen to have an uncle named Norm, so this is a play on his name. He's not particularly special to me, in the sense that I specifically wanted to dedicate my blog title to him; it just happened to work out that way. As I said, I didn't think about my blog much before signing up to have one, so I panicked when I had to come up with a title. I'm sorry, Norman. If you ever start a blog and want to use this clever wordplay I've created, I will give up my title rights (maybe).

Today my mom is bringing my three-year-old brother over to my dorm to hang out with me while she goes cavorting with some guy who has a house on a lake. I have no idea how to keep a three-year-old entertained for three-and-a-half hours on a college campus. Wish me luck. Maybe there'll be material from this to motivate me to make another post.

Okay, thanks for your time (if you're actually there),

Much love,

Ariellastray

No comments:

Post a Comment